Hexen II Outro movie

With the destruction of D'Sparil and Korax, the forces of Light believed that they would gain respite from the vicious attacks of the Serpent Riders. They were wrong. All of humanity rests on the edge of your blade.
Inky

Hexen II Outro movie

Post by Inky »

It seems to me that the very first time I played Portal of Praevus, after having defeated Praevus there was a short movie (or was it just a static image?) showing the freed Serpent Riders' souls escaping away from Praevus Inner Sanctum's windows as flying lights.
I was never able to see it again. So what? Is that false memory? Is that something I THOUGHT I had seen but never actually saw? Was I mixed with something I dreamt of or a similar scene in a Hollywood movie or whatever?

By the way in that forum there is another topic with a similar subject "Hexen II Intro movie". It seems to me I had never seen it (in the game I mean) before I discovered it here. What's the matter with all those "ghost intro/outro sequences" ? :lol: :oops:
Mathuz

Re: Hexen II Outro movie

Post by Mathuz »

I actually remember when I first played PoP, there was some kind of intro movie, it was in-game video of all playable characters defeating Eidolon. It doesn't show up when I try it with the current version. I do not really now, whether it was something modded or where it came from and where it gone. :D

I do not remember outro, though.
Inky

Post by Inky »

About the intro movie, it's real for sure. I watched it again today! :D

When you're in the general menu, select "single player". Then 4 options are displayed: "new mission", "load", "save" and a 4th one which is set a bit apart: "view intro". That is the thing.

On func_MsgBoard, they told me it was actually a sort of "demo" (a recorded game session), mixed with some scripting and actual entities. A fairly complex setting, I would say. A map called "thomas.bsp" actually exists in pak3.pak and it's obviously part of the thing.
Mathuz

Post by Mathuz »

Yeah, well, how blind can I be? :lol: Truth is, I haven't actually played the game for years, only testing or playing a certain map, which I always run directly through console command. And if I went through the game menu, I always just flew through it :D And only the text with the picture shows this way, while back then, when I first played it, it always showed the movie also.
Inky

Post by Inky »

Months afterwards, I eventually have the confirmation I'm not crazy!

Three Serpent riders souls freed

What a relief! :lol: