Realm of Shadows

This forum is specific for mods, hub, and pak related content, development, and releases.
Mathuz

Realm of Shadows

Post by Mathuz »

Greetings to all warriors of Cronos and Thyrion,

first of all, good to see Hexen is not dying. There was not much activity in Quakeone which I think was the only hub for Hexen 2 modding. I have been working on my mod for some time, BSP2 support for HoT and Trenchbroom speeded up the process so I might finish it one day :D

Here is the link for moddb page, I do not have more details right now. I have made some progress since so I will post some new screenshots soon.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/realm-of-shadows
samkod

Re: Realm of Shadows

Post by samkod »

Wow! Just had a chance to look over these shots. Those are some sick looking maps!
Shanjaq

Post by Shanjaq »

Welcome to the forum!

These maps have quite excellent brushwork and lighting (the statues & armor suits look right at home)! Razumen requested "fence" textures recently, so future updates may have potential for an additional boost to detail & speed ;D

Glad to hear there's activity on the Hexen II mapping front, the "dark fantasy" theme was always my favorite on the Quake engine.
Mathuz

Post by Mathuz »

Shanjaq wrote: Razumen requested "fence" textures recently, so future updates may have potential for an additional boost to detail & speed ;D
By "fence" texures you mean texture wad?

Skyboxes and external texture support is something I used a lot with other engines. It saved a lot of time, not to say I will have to rework some places without it.
Rino

Post by Rino »

Hello Mathuz
Great work and beautiful design in your maps, well done and detailed in the interior. I like the facade of the cathedral. I see a nice project! ;)
Shanjaq

Post by Shanjaq »

Re: Fence Textures, I couldn't find much about them apart from ericw's commits to QuakeSpasm & DarkPlaces, but they're textures with alpha pixels of color 0xFF and a name starting with "{" for use with vine coverings, fences and similar architectural details with transparencies.

Here's a quick overview from dumptruck_ds:

There's some commented-out code in HoT that looks like it's starting to implement external textures, I'll try uncommenting it and see how well it works???
Last edited by Shanjaq on Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mathuz

Post by Mathuz »

I just updated the site with some new screenshots. Just to let you guys know the project is still being worked on ;)
Attachments
image19.jpg
image19.jpg (198.37 KiB) Viewed 2676 times
image18.jpg
image18.jpg (243.91 KiB) Viewed 2676 times
image17.jpg
image17.jpg (242.48 KiB) Viewed 2676 times
image16.jpg
image16.jpg (272.76 KiB) Viewed 2676 times
Shanjaq

Post by Shanjaq »

Wow! Those look fantastic! I added the link over on the Discord :)

Have you tried the fog?
Mathuz

Post by Mathuz »

Is there some kind of tutorial on how to use the fog? When I try to follow to video tutorial you posted before, everything is black.
Shanjaq

Post by Shanjaq »

If everything goes black when enabling fog it must be an older dev build. Current Dev Build is r6200 here:
https://hexenworld.org/downloads/hexen2 ... ndows/x64/

to use fog you can set a "fog" value on the worldspawn like so:

Key
Value

fog
0.1 0.3 0.5 0.3

The Value is for "{density} {r} {g} {b}" and you can experiment with values using the "fog" command in the console.
Last edited by Shanjaq on Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.