Zombie beakables

Report bugs found in the game, propose new feature requests, and discuss engine related content here.
Inky

Zombie beakables

Post by Inky »

Have you ever struggled with a breakable_brush which keeps being drawn (visible) after it has been destroyed and doesn't block the way anymore?
Like a zombie image of the gone thing.

I regularly face such oddities and can sometimes get rid of them by editing the map file in a text editor and manually change the order of the entities, but it's really a desperate technics. It may help, or may not (or may make things worse). That's so random... So sometimes I end up building up a very sophisticated workaround with other entities instead, or simply give up what I wanted to do. :-(

Any insight welcome!!!
Mathuz

Re: Zombie beakables

Post by Mathuz »

Never happened to me :shock: Have you modified your HC files or do you use vanilla progs.dat?
Inky

Re: Zombie beakables

Post by Inky »

Just wanted to post an update about the problem.
It's solved by Shanjaq'q fork actually. It's a matter of my mountainous maps having lots of irregularly shaped brushes overcoming the classic 16 levels bsp tree depth. I was using UQE which sticks to that. Shanjaq's fork removed this limitation and the map complexity doesn't make brush entities buggy anymore.