Trigger_Push

Report bugs found in the game, propose new feature requests, and discuss engine related content here.
Mathuz

Trigger_Push

Post by Mathuz »

Have you ever played with this trigger? Is there some kind of trick to make it work? The brush is there, speed is set. No matter whether I use 'angle' or 'angles', it does not react in game. I compared it with the triggers used in game and everything seems ok :|
Shanjaq

Re: Trigger_Push

Post by Shanjaq »

I've only used it for the shop to push players away from the door if they have un-purchased items, here are the settings in my test map:

classname: trigger_push
speed: 100
spawnflags: 0
inactive: 0
angle: -1 (-1 is up, -2 is down, 0-360 is horizontal angles)

Maybe the "inactive" field is defaulting to 1 if not set?
Mathuz

Post by Mathuz »

What tools do you use? I think there must be something wrong with my game. Do not know whether the tools or the code, but when I tested it in vanilla game, the triggers worked :|
Shanjaq

Post by Shanjaq »

I'm using TrenchBroom, tried with official OldMission and Portals progs. Have you tried activating it with another trigger/button?
Mathuz

Post by Mathuz »

Well, I tried to test everything I could and I do not really know what may cause this, but the trigger is not working on your updated version of the game (the one you provided with raised entities limit). When I copied the BSP to one downloaded from HoT site, it worked.
Shanjaq

Post by Shanjaq »

Are you pushing the player, or other objects? I just verified the Brotherhood of Hunger's altar room in "The Shoppe" of OldMission: village1.bsp can push players and barrels, using our HoT branch version 1.5.9.1 with the entity limit fix. Can you repro the issue on a minimal map consisting of a room with a push brush in the middle and send the .map and .bsp files to me on Discord? Thanks! :)
Mathuz

Post by Mathuz »

I just redownloaded HoT 1.5.9 and 6142 version. Tried the copy of the map with both versions. Can confirm in 6142 the trigger did not work :|
I do not use Discord, is it ok if I attach the map here?
Shanjaq

Post by Shanjaq »

Ok, this is interesting:

progs
r6142

Portals
fail
fail

OldMission
pass
pass

I tested the map with official HoT 1.5.9 vs r6142 glh2.exe and both are working in OldMission progs, but not Portals progs, so it seems there is something not quite right with the 1.5.9 Portals hcode. I'll do some comparison and try to fix the Portals progs; If your map doesn't require Portals you can launch r6142 glh2.exe with the "-noportals" switch and trigger_push should work for you in the meantime. Thanks for reporting this issue :)

Please note that HoT 1.5.9 does not load Portals by default, while r6142 will load Portals by default if the folder exists. That might be why the trigger worked for you in 1.5.9 because it was defaulting to OldMission.

[glow=green,2,300]Update:[/glow]
The 1.5.9 hcode wasn't setting the touch function if world.spawnflags didn't contain the Mission Pack flag. This flag is set by the bsp file, so if the map was not compiled for Portals it would return false and skip most of the crucial setup. Here is the fixed progs:
https://github.com/Shanjaq/uhexen2-prog ... s/tag/v1.0
Last edited by Shanjaq on Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mathuz

Post by Mathuz »

Of course, I totally forgot it was merged in the new version. Nevermind, good that it works now :)

EDIT: By the way, I even tried to set the world spawnflags to 1, as PoP, but for some reason in the editor it was by default set as spawnflags2 ??? After I removed the number, it worked.
Last edited by Mathuz on Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inky

Post by Inky »

Good to know you found a way.

Here is an extract from my hexen2.fgd file:
spawnflags2(choices) : "Func_Train type" : 0 = //Spawnflags don't show for worldspawn. Needs to be edited in the .map manually in order to have mission pack func_trains work properly. (Change 'spawnflags2' to just 'spawnflags')
[
0 : "Hexen2 Func_Trains"
1 : "PoP Func_Trains"
]
Your explanations suggest you may have a similar one, with that "spawnflags2 instead of just spawnflags" trick as a workaround for a TrenchBroom problem... which probably doesn't exist anymore for a long time, by the way.