A new Heretic II map - dmmassacre

Discussion related to Heretic II mapping. If you are currently working on a new map this is the perfect place to share your progress.
Sport#TnXWAR#

A new Heretic II map - dmmassacre

Post by Sport#TnXWAR# »

A new Heretic II map - (January 23, 2021) Happy New Years After... to all you Heretic II Elves..
Map Name: dmmassacre
map size: 2.20 MB

Heretic II - A new medium/large sized map: "dmmassacre".

Description: A Heretic II 4-floor level map with all weapons/spells, two teleportals, two elevator lifts, and stairs that lead you up and down to the other floors. There are several shrines placed around the map.

download link:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlnA6Q7Qr0oyyV6Ehjp ... 6?e=P8a4uo

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Installation: Just copy/paste the map, texture, and pics folder into the Heretic II/base folder. The pics folder has the "night" sky for Heretic II. The route folder goes into tmod/emod grinbots2 folder.

Player/map information:

Game: Heretic II
Single player: No
Deathmatch: Yes, 9 spawnpoints
New Textures: Yes
sky: night

Sport
Attachments
Htic2-26.jpg
Htic2-26.jpg (683.96 KiB) Viewed 121 times
Htic2-23.jpg
Htic2-23.jpg (555.77 KiB) Viewed 121 times
Htic2-22.jpg
Htic2-22.jpg (626.52 KiB) Viewed 121 times
Htic2-21.jpg
Htic2-21.jpg (751.86 KiB) Viewed 121 times
Htic2-19.jpg
Htic2-19.jpg (478.47 KiB) Viewed 121 times
Htic2-18.jpg
Htic2-18.jpg (374.91 KiB) Viewed 121 times
Htic2-17.jpg
Htic2-17.jpg (435.67 KiB) Viewed 121 times
Htic2-16.jpg
Htic2-16.jpg (794.67 KiB) Viewed 121 times
Htic2-14.jpg
Htic2-14.jpg (800.23 KiB) Viewed 121 times
Sport#TnXWAR#

Re: A new Heretic II map - dmmassacre

Post by Sport#TnXWAR# »

I tried to make this a fun map to run around and play on... There are plenty areas where you can snipper shoot or drop down from above and slaugther your enemies, etc... I had a rough time building this map. I kept getting that too many entities to view error and some wall lights just would not work no matter where I placed them so I removed some of them... Check it out and let me know what you think. (Community feedback) is what makes all that hard work worth while. 🙂
Sport#TnXWAR#

dmmassacre_rev2

Post by Sport#TnXWAR# »

Oops!!! Sorry about that I fixed the download link to the map. It's workng now.
A new Heretic II map revision - (February 12, 2021) Happy New Years After... to all you Heretic II Elves..
Map Name: dmmassacre_rev2
map size: 2.20 MB

Heretic II - A medium/large sized map: "dmmassacre_rev2".

Description: This update fixes a couple of texture errors where the "item_weapon_maceballs is found as well as relocating a "info_player_deathmatch" spawn point. As you can see in the second photo the textures behind "maceballs" are fixed.
"A Heretic II 4-floor level map with all weapons/spells, two teleportals, two elevators, two lifts, and stairs that lead you up and down to the other floors. There are several shrines placed around the map.

download link:

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Installation: Just copy/paste the map, texture, and pics folder into the Heretic II/base folder. The pics folder has the "night" sky for Heretic II. The route folder goes into tmod/emod grinbots2 folder.

Player/map information:

Game: Heretic II
Single player: No
Deathmatch: Yes, 9 spawnpoints
New Textures: Yes
sky: night

Sport